Well we have been in wilderness for 4 days. I mean WILDERNESS!!!! Yellowstone is absolutely beautiful. Every turn is a completely different experience. Plains where the buffalo roam, mountains topped with snow, mud boiling, steam bursting from the earth, geysers, sulfur smell, rapids, lakes, rivers and of coarse animals.
For animals we saw, bears and cubs, elk, ducks, fish, coyote, buffalo (lots of them), and deer. Never saw a moose or a horned sheep which are there as well. The park is over 2 million acres so there is a lot of space to roam.
This place is a geologists dream. Some parts are from volcanoes, some are from the ice age, and so much more I can't even tell you cause it's over my head.
Mike did some fishing. He bought a 3 day license. No luck. First you couldn't fish in the Yellowstone river that fed into the Yellowstone lake cause the Cut Throat trout were spawning. Couldn't fish in any river that left out of the Yellowstone lake cause the cut throat trout were spawning. But you could fish in the Yellowstone lake. I guess the spawn and are too tire to eat. The do have to go over some pretty remarkable rapids. We watch them do that. Oh yes and you can't fish with a barbed hook. You have to smash the barb down. But he looked good fishing. (just ask him)
Yellowstone was great but we had no extras. No Internet, not TV and you had to pay for a shower. Everything is green green green. I did enjoy it but I don't think I'm such a primitive camper anymore.
Last night was probably the cherry on the top of the cake. We were lying in bed, it was about 12 am. When at first we heard a dog bark. Mike said, wolves. I said no; a dog. Well............. it was not a blooming dog. It was coyotes!!!! A pack, right through out campground. On the road behind us. I'll tell you even though I knew they couldn't hurt us it was one of the most frightening things I have ever heard. Whew!!!!!
We are in Great Falls, MT. Stores, Internet and antenna TV. not as beautiful but easier.
2010 travels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
glad you're back....thought you fell off the earth.
HEY DID I FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS
Happy Anniversary! Hope Banff is fantastic. Look forward to seeing those photos! Did you ever make it through Wall Drug in South Dakota? Bet you saw all the crazy signs for it. Good luck!
Post a Comment